Cold water, healing or harm?
Personally, I think that it's healing. All the knowledge that I have on this topic and I have gained from my own first-hand experiences.
When I was 5 years old, as children in winter we played on a frozen lake. One day the ice cracked, and I fell in, one of the boys playing Hockey rescued me, he pulled me out of the water. Strange but after that, for many years I didn't get really sick.
No bad influenza's no bad diseases.
My cold water tempering began gradually and later in my life I began gaining knowledge of this science.
That happened after a second special life experience with ice water got in my 40's. In January in Ukraine has a religious celebration, time when the rivers and lakes are frozen, people plunge under the ice water.
My first time was -29C. It was really scary, but after I felt, that a million volts electric charge passed through my body. And all my fears disappeared somewhere. The feeling was that some kind of force fills you.
Why did I decide on this experiment? Because at this time I was under depression. Full of disappointment on my Life!
The next day I had a full work load but energy pumped out of me. I definitely decided, that every I will take a contrasting shower and douse myself with cold water at the end.
Every morning I would also wash my face with ice water.
And when I have the opportunity I go to the beach and swim in the ocean and it doesn't matter what the weather, I'm swimming freezing cold or not!
Cold showers actually offer benefits to the body and cold help improve health in a dozen ways, from changing the mind set, to improving the skin and reducing fats. So many people don't like to use cold water much to challenging as most have been used to warm water to relax the body.
Here's the most important reasons and benefits of cold shower and getting enjoying this process.
- Improve your immunity.- Cold or cold and hot shower trigger an increase in the metabolic speed rate and the amount of white blood cells in the body, which then help fight disease.
- Good circulation - Cold water improves your overall cardiovascular health, it allows the blood to rush down to organs to stay warm.
- Drains lymphatic system- Cold water help boost the activity of the lymphatic system, which works to carry out waste from cells This then reduces the risk of infection.
- Excellent burner the fat. Through the month you can lose kilo and the skin will not sag badly (who have big weight problems) Cold ice showers activated brown fat, which generates heat around the body.
- Relief from a stress -Cold shower could also help cut the levels of uric acid and boost glutathione in the blood, which help reduces stress and develop a nervous system that is resilient to stress. The effort alone serves as a small form of oxidative and teach the brain to prepare for stress.
- Lowers chances of depression-Cold water have been found to relieve symptoms of depression by stimulating the parts of the brain that releases noradrenaline, a chemical which plays a role in alleviating depression.
- Increase testosterone levels-For men ,even a small amount of heat can affect the DNA, RNA and protein synthesis in the testes could reverse the effect.
- Improve fertility.
- Promotion faster recovery muscles-After training improves circulation and helps remove some lactic acid, which could speed up the body's recovery.
- Look healthy skin and hair-Ice cold water can help reduce the risk of infection and losing too many natural oils on the skin and hair ,according many dermatologists and hairdressers.
- Sleep deeply-Many people who try cold showers say they sleep like a child.
- Ageing process- Many people who have that in the habit ,they look younger and healthy and beautiful!
Care must be taken if you have problems with your heart or high blood pressure. I will be glad to answer any questions and happy to have your comments too. Together we can develop a personal programme for you and over as little as two months, you can see a new self.
Fitness Instructor & Facial Massage Specialist Wellness at Work Ltd.
Blog Post by Alla Kalinina
More Blog Posts
- Stretch Your Hamstrings, Save Your
- Cold water, healing or harm?
- Personal Training
- Alla Kalinina's one off hand embroidered designs
- Presentation & training at Massage NZ
- Facing up to your emotions!
- Who is going to pay your bills?
- Understanding your intuition
- Understanding our treatment methods
- Stop cooking yourself!
- Bacteria whispering
- Pet massage for our furry friends
- Tinnitus; the bells are ringing!
- The real cost of OOS
- Doing your own 'Haka' for health!
It all starts with 90 minutes that could change your life!
With our exclusive BodyAudit© we both find out what is really wrong with you, so finally you can get started on your journey back to health.
A passionate Forensic Bodyworker for two decades, Chris says that he's only a facilitator of communication between you and your body. He believes that many persistent unresolved injuries and conditions are only waiting for...more
Alla has a deep base to draw on. A renowned dance choreographer and fitness instructor in her homeland, Ukraine, her Aerobic dance teams were European champions. Alla is also a qualified mobility therapist...more
Like a free info pack?
We would really love to help. No change No charge!
Provide us with a quick outline of your health issues and we will send you relevant info and references from others that have been where you are and are now well. Stop struggling; this is not living - you are supposed to be clear headed and happy.